Listen people, I know many of you failed to comment with your enthusiastic responses last time I mentioned that in November you should join me for a month of literary abandon and write a novel, but I shall remind you again - NaNoWriMo starts in ten days. Just ten!

In the next ten days I highly encourage you to:
  • spend some time with your children, they're really going to miss you in November
  • wash
  • call your mother
  • put together 30 meals that can be frozen ahead of time and just dumped in frozen block form into the slow-cooker
  • get an oil change, maybe fill your vehicle with gas
  • look at baby name websites for awesome character names
  • do laundry
  • buy extra clothes, preferably with elastic waistbands
  • catch up on your PVR. I prefer to call this "purging" and liken it to housework
  • walk the dog
  • come up with a rolodex of believable excuses and set aside the first couple of days of November to convince friends and family that you are not dead
  • eat cake, simply because it's good, and you are a grownup and you can eat whatever you want (hence stretchy pants)

I will be NaNoWriMoing my butt off, beginning ten days from now. Again, I'll not likely let you read it because I don't have high hopes for a place on the New York Times Best Seller List, but it'll be fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon