Listen people, I know many of you failed to comment with your enthusiastic responses last time I mentioned that in November you should join me for a month of literary abandon and write a novel, but I shall remind you again - NaNoWriMo starts in ten days. Just ten!

In the next ten days I highly encourage you to:
  • spend some time with your children, they're really going to miss you in November
  • wash
  • call your mother
  • put together 30 meals that can be frozen ahead of time and just dumped in frozen block form into the slow-cooker
  • get an oil change, maybe fill your vehicle with gas
  • look at baby name websites for awesome character names
  • do laundry
  • buy extra clothes, preferably with elastic waistbands
  • catch up on your PVR. I prefer to call this "purging" and liken it to housework
  • walk the dog
  • come up with a rolodex of believable excuses and set aside the first couple of days of November to convince friends and family that you are not dead
  • eat cake, simply because it's good, and you are a grownup and you can eat whatever you want (hence stretchy pants)

I will be NaNoWriMoing my butt off, beginning ten days from now. Again, I'll not likely let you read it because I don't have high hopes for a place on the New York Times Best Seller List, but it'll be fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

some random sunday stuff

camping stories from me to my kids

gymnastics