is it so big? really? nah.

I've always said I wanted three or four kids. After I had Mitchell I was pretty sure I still wanted that fourth. People's reactions are varied. When did four kids become such an enormous family? Two kids seems to be more or less the norm. When you have the third people say "wow, you'll be busy!" The fourth? Many think I'm nuts.

I think I'm lucky.

My kids are such great friends. They scrap some, but I figure that when you're 2 and 4 (and 1) and you spend every minute of the day with another little person you're bound to. They get over it quickly and are back to playing.

I imagine camping trips with our van load of kids someday. Jordan and the youngest will only be five years apart. I love that they're so close together. I'm hoping the closeness in age will lead to them being on the same page. I want them to enjoy growing up in our family, and enjoy each other. I want them to have each others backs. I think they will. I really hope that when they grow up and become adults that they'll still be close. I hope that they'll have each others kids over for sleepovers and that they'll want to spend some time together. I hope they look forward to holidays when we can all break bread together.

Yep. I love 'em. And I'm lucky.

Comments

Ange said…
Children are such a blessing! I'm so excited to meet your fourth one. You're not crazy, not one little bit. Besides, what's an extra potato?
Ange said…
I was referring to the vegetable, I'm not calling your baby a potato.
Tiffany said…
I'm going to tell my baby you said that.

Like my new blog?
Candice said…
Absolutely!!! And I'll give you permission to have 6 more because you're an amazing mom (and because you produce such fantastic looking kids)
Tiffany said…
Although I do think my kids are cute (from a totally unbiased place) this is totally it! The next six will have to be yours Candice!
Q&L said…
growing up with 4 siblings was fun and a great blessing. Now as a Mother myself, i don't know how my Mom did it...grace of God!!
Tiffany said…
That's what I'm hoping! They'll always have someone to play with!
Lora said…
I was one of four (in many ways, I grew up in a few different households, usually it was me and my brother and two other kids- be they steps or cousins).

The day to day sometimes totally sucked, but the big stuff like camping trips and Christmas mornings and summer vacations? Awesome.

The only advice I can give to you is make sure everyone has enough to eat. Hunger breeds hatred. We put our parents through a lot when we were hungry.
And make sure everyone's sneakers are equally new. Even though I was the only girl, I would still feel the burn if I got shafted on sneakers. New sneakers were definitely the cause of some major blowouts!

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense