strangers in the yard

Tonight at supper Tennyson told me that a stranger had been in our yard. At first I thought it was the meter reader. Tennyson said that the stranger had watched him play.

Upon being questioned, Jordan insisted that she hadn't been outside at the time so didn't see the stranger.

This really creeps me out. The older two kids can both open the back door, and they let themselves in and out of the back door into our fenced yard over the course of the day. I'm generally in the kitchen/dining room and keep watch over them.

I looked at Steven. "Would it have been a meter reader? They'll sometimes let themselves into the backyard."

"I don't know. Tennyson said something about this the other day, that someone had been in the yard and peed in the yard."

So . . . someone had exposed himself to . . .

"Tennyson, did this really happen, or was it in a dream?" I asked casually, trying not to steer his answer.

"A dream. And the stranger digged a hole in the yard."

Monstrous sigh of relief. "Are you sure it was a dream?"

"Yep."

Next time, maybe he should lead with that.

Comments

Q&L said…
wow, just him mentioning that would creep me out. i might be tempted to buy a weapon and stand guard in the backyard, yep, i think so.
Q&L said…
sometimes i see white or cargo vans hanging out near the playgrounds we've been at. Not lying. Even if they have a legitimate cargo van for work, can they not park right outside the children's playground??!
Tiffany said…
I know what you mean! Sometimes there will be people hanging around playgrounds, and they're not there with any kids. It creeps me out. At the same time, they could be just regular people who are on a lunch break and just want some fresh air and a nice place to eat their lunch, and enjoy the presence of children, but the way this world is these days it's kind of scary!
Ange said…
I'm so glad that was a dream!!!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon