nine weeks

Can you believe that Christmas is only nine weeks away? That's crazy. I guess it doesn't seem like it should be that close. There is no snow, and the grass is still green (of course now that I've said it...).

Yet, I'm getting excited about it, green grass or not. I feel like figuring out my Christmas calendar, starting my Christmas shopping and planning some stuff with friends and family.

And then there's this other part of me that dreads Christmas. Seems like we always end up getting in trouble with someone, or we're not where we're supposed to be when we're supposed to be there. Christmas shopping is a little stressful. The days are kind of full. The kids are tired. I'm tired.

I think the part I look forward to the most is Christmas morning with my kids. We'll open a few gifts and I'll make something a little more special for breakfast (or we'll just eat chocolate turtles) and we'll wonder at how quiet it is on the streets.

I'm sure turtles count as a food group on Christmas morning, don't they?

Comments

Q&L said…
i haven't read your entire post "9 weeks" yet, as soon as I saw the title on my blog list, my mind was racing..."what, she's 9 weeks along??!" Then i read the first sentence and see Christmas and I had to comment. be careful what titles you choose missy!! HAHA
Tiffany said…
Actually, after I posted it I thought someone might think it was for elliot, but that she was older than that already!

There will be no more babies from THIS baby mill!
Candice said…
I was on the exact same page as Lyla...

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

today's to-do's