sleepy boy

As a mommy, I need naps. Not naps for myself per say, but I need for my baby to nap. I complain at times that Tennyson still naps twice - once at 10am and once at 2pm. I don't even complain so much as make fun of him. Silly boy sleeps 11 - 12 hours a night, and then needs two naps during the day. I seriously can't believe he does this at this age. You might be thinking - Um, Tiffany, maybe you should just be a parent already and modify his schedule. I must confess that I have thought this myself! It's not that he lacks a schedule. His naps, food, bedtime, etc. are all very clockwork. There are times that I've tried to skip the morning nap, and oh-my-goodness! He is so grumpy. You can tell that it's 10 or 10:30 just by watching him flop around and stumble and whine about nothing. Then I look at the clock and realize just how fast the morning has gone by.

As much as I think it would be easier to do errands and stuff if my baby wasn't napping half the day, I secretly LOVE his two naps! There are days that I get up in the morning and haven't slept that well, and by 10 o'clock I need the break as much as he does! So much so that even the mornings where he doesn't act all tired and grumpy I put him to bed anyway! Motherhood is great.

This brings me to the point of this blog, and something that I love about Tennyson. It doesn't matter if he's wide awake, and perky and happy, and you'd think he'd never sleep - the minute you carry him into his room at nap time he starts rubbing his eyes and looking tired. It's amazing. This morning, for example - he's running around as happy as can be, but I wanted to get some housework done, and it's way easier with one less kid. So I pick up Mr. Happypants and carry him off to his room, wondering if he'll actually sleep. He was pretty happy. Exuberant even. But the second I brought him into his room and laid him on his change table he starts rubbing his eyes and yawning. It is so cute! Baby conditioning at its finest.

I may be biased, but I joyfully believe that he is the cutest little thing ever!

Comments

Ange said…
I love nap time too.
Sonya said…
I'm all about nap time. Dillon has missed the odd one and it stinks! I say, if he is so willing, then just go for it! After all, it can't last forever!
(And what's with the blogging blitz? One extreme to the other with you!)
Tiffany said…
I know! I've been meaning to blog more, but I've been so busy this last week! I have more to talk about too, probably two more posts, now I just have to find the time again.

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense