midnights again

Steven's on midnights again. I know I've mentioned that I hate the midnights, especially his 3-day midnights weekend. However, it's been made better by a number of things - Angela and Heather have come over to watch movies the last two midnight Saturdays, and since Steven switched to a different shift, my mom is now off on his midnight weekend and she comes and entertains me for a day too! I love my people.

Today is slackday. I was going to make cookies today, but I've decided that I simply don't feel like it. Mom came yesterday and we spent a couple of hours weeding a flowerbed. Seriously, I should have taken before and after pictures. The after picture is cute, if a little empty. The before picture looked like a wild grass field. The people who lived in the house planted a few blue flax plants. They are actually mildly cute, but they seed themselves EVERYWHERE. My entire flowerbed was overrun with them. This is a picture of blue flax (I ripped all mine out because it's too much work):


The only thing really competing with the blue flax was portulaca. Apparently some people do not regard it as a weed. Trust me, it's very weed-like and was also wreaking havoc in my flowerbed. Here is a picture of that:


It just hugs the ground and takes over, rooting itself everywhere. That all had to go too. Mom and I spent the better part of the afternoon in the flowerbed getting rid of all this stuff. Being that she's my mom, she felt sorry for the state of my flowerbeds and brought me some flowers! This is my new flowerbed:


See, a little sparse, but tidy! The little red flowers in front are the ones that Mom brought me. I figure that the elderly gentleman next door should sell his house to my mom, and then she could better keep up with my flowerbeds!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense