i go out walkin', after midnight

Okay, so maybe it's not after midnight. Unless you consider that 7:30am is technically after midnight.

I went for a walk this morning. I didn't go my usual route because of the mosquitoes. Usually I walk outside of town because it's quiet and grassy and overall a nice route. The other day I went in the evening. Turns out I haven't been out since before the mosquitoes got really bad. I was walking along the highway and it wasn't too bad because I walk fairly quickly. Then I turned down the country road. I was only a few minutes in when I realized that I wouldn't be able to continue. The mosquitoes were literally swarming me. I could feel them in my hair, ears, bumping off my legs and arms. I turned around to head back to the highway and I actually had to run to lose the cloud. It was not fun, my stomach muscles ached for the rest of the evening.

This morning I decided to stay in town. I figured I had gone pretty far, until I got home and checked it out on the google pedometer. Wasn't that far after all.

I've been flipping through some old photo albums lately, and I've decided I really want to tone up and lose a few pounds. I have a bit of a game plan, all I need is to get this baby out first! My game plan actually starts with trying not to gain a ton of weight during this pregnancy, hence the walking. I'm not doing too bad so far, so I just have to try and keep it sensible!

Too bad I don't have any nutritionist friends who could give me some pointers as to the kinds of things to eat after I have my baby that will help my waistline AND provide me with the valuable nutrition that I need for nursing. Hmmmm . . . if only! lol.

Comments

Tiffany said…
I really should change the title to this blog. Each and every time I've come to my blog since I posted this I get the "walking after midnight" song in my head. The Garth Brooks version.
Candice said…
If only I had an English instructor to edit my papers before I submit them!
Tiffany said…
I like editing stuff! But with all your education you're probably just as good at it as me by now. But seriously, editing the stuff of others is alright!
Candice said…
I'm pretty good with the concepts, I'm kinda alright at researching them, I"m ok at putting them together, but I suck, and I mean *suck* at the proper use of the English language, grammar, punctuation... Presentations I rock, papers take me FoReVeR!
Tiffany said…
I never had a paper that I didn't write the night before. Good thing I type quickly, those 20 pagers are no fun.

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense