preschool party

I took Jordan to a preschool party today at the school where she'll be attending Kindergarten next year. The principal read a story to them, another teacher lead them in making dinosaurs out of play-doh and then the phys. ed. teacher read them another story. It was nice for the kids to be in the school and see some of the faces that will be there in the fall.

I'm so mixed about it! I know every parent has the same concerns I'm sure, but still. It's a first for me.

What if she's her high energy, somewhat stubborn self at school and the teacher doesn't like her?
What if she gets bullied?
What if she hates it and she still has to go everyday?
What if she makes friends with a nasty little child and learns all sorts of bad habits?
She's really really going to miss her nursery school teacher. She says she's excited to go to school, but she's going to miss Mrs. Carpenter.
What if she's sad at school and she never tells me and I can never help her? I was like that.

But then - what if she loves it, makes lots of friends, does really well and learns everything super fast and has a great time?

I'm really hoping for the latter.

I also worry that I've enrolled her in a program (french immersion) that Steven isn't wholly supportive of. I want us both to be excited about her going next year. I don't want to be a bully mom/wife, but I want her to give it a go. If she does well in it it'll only help her later right? Right?

I'm not one of those parents who is going to keep her kid home one more year to spend the extra time and help diminish my worries. She needs to go to school, and be with the kids her own age. I know she's a smart little kid. I just hope I've sort of helped get her ready for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense