five and a half months to go

Seems so unfair!

I suppose there isn't really anything "unfair" about it. I just know I'm going to get fat now. Whatever.

Have I ever mentioned I hate being pregnant? I especially hate the getting fat part. Steven thinks it's all cute, and when the belly "pops out" he can't keep his hands off it. I for one would love to forgo the bump for a nice pair of jeans.

I love the new babies. And the old babies. Too bad I could just grow them in a vat of amniotic fluid in my house somewhere for nine months. Then I could sit and drink rye and coke and watch my baby float and change. They'll probably come out with this technology mere months after I'm done having this baby.

To be honest, I find it going pretty quickly. This is especially odd since this is the only pregnancy of four that I've had any symptoms with. The first three months I felt pretty pukey. Never actually happened, but I sure felt like it a lot of the time.

I think it's fast because I'm so busy with the other kids and everything else that goes on around here day by day and week by week. I don't just sit around and think about the baby every minute of the day.

Remember being pregnant the first time? I'd sit at work and stuff envelopes and spend hours thinking about the baby. How big it was now, whether it was a boy or a girl, what names I'd like, where I was going to put its clothes, how cute Steven would look cuddled up on the couch with a new baby.

I don't spend hours thinking about anything these days, except for the babies that are running around and sneaking Hershey's kisses out of the cupboard and colouring on the walls. I have yet to actually catch anyone doing this. They're very sneaky. There is crayon everywhere. It's not like I don't supervise them.

I bet their conversation goes something like this:

Jordan: Okay Mitchie, here are some crayons. Me and Tennyson are going to jump around in your room and dump baby powder everywhere. You have about ten minutes until Mommy gets it all cleaned up.

Mitchie: Goo. Mwahhahahaha.

Tennyson: I colour too?

Jordan: No, you come with me.

Tennyson: With crayons?

Jordan: No, to play with baby powder!

Tennyson: Huh?

Jordan: Just come. I'll show you.

Tennyson: Okay. You're the boss. Whatever you say!

Jordan: Okay everyone, synchronize watches. Ready?

Tennyson: Yeah.

Mitchie: mamamamamama


Of course Jordan has to bring Tennyson so that she can wait until the mess is made and then quickly come and tell me that Tennyson made a mess. She's very conniving. In the meantime, Mitchie's colouring away on the dining room wall.

I'm sure that once the new baby comes and the kids realize how tired I am they'll totally go above and beyond in trying to behave and cut me some slack. I'm sure of it. I'm almost giddy with excitement as I anticipate their upcoming good behavior.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So remind me again what colour the sky is in your world?
Tiffany said…
Soon to be rose coloured. Can't wait! lol
Ange said…
You're so funny! Love the made up conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense