spelling hurdles

I'll be honest. I'm a pretty damn good speller, but there are a few very common words that trip me up - all - the - time.

Dad V., don't read this please - I'd like you to keep thinking that my grammar and spelling is exemplary.

My words:
  • embarrassed
  • vacuum

It's stupid, but I really have to think about them. I actually got them right the first time here. Probably because it's the new year and I'm going to turn 29 this year. Time to be all grownuppy and stop making these mistakes.

(I'm not counting segue because it's not all that common. I give myself a spelling pass on that one. Before I get an actual teaching job someday I'll probably have to dust off some of these words and make sure that I'm not spelling them ridiculously wrong.)

I almost wrote "What about you? Any words you constantly misspell?"
I erased it. It is my absolute blogland pet peeve when people end their blogs with a question for the masses.

Comments

Neodad said…
Vacuum, always hated that one. Tomorrow bugged me for a while too. There's a few others, but I can't think of them now.
Tiffany said…
Tomorrow is a weird one!
License is one of mine. I never get it on the first try. (And thank you for making me feel normal about the blog ending question thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one.)

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon