speedy tuna "casserole"

For the kids' lunch today I made this recipe from the kraft website. It seems weird, but they're eating it. Even Mitchell is reluctantly eating his. It's not bad at all!!


What You Need
  1. 1 pkg. (225 g) Kraft Dinner Macaroni and Cheese
  2. 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
  3. 1 can (170 g) white tuna in water, drained, flaked
  4. 8 Ritz Crackers, coarsely crushed (about 1/4 cup)
Make it:

PREPARE Kraft Dinner in large saucepan as directed on package, adding vegetables to boiling water for the last 2 min.

ADD tuna; mix lightly.

TOP with cracker crumbs.


My Changes: I sprinkled it with corn flakes instead of crackers. I also added some orange puree to the KD when I prepared the kraft dinner.

Of course the KD still has all the cheese, butter and carby-goodness, but the kids are also getting tuna, carrots, sweet potatoes and peas. KD doesn't get any healthier than that!

Comments

Q&L said…
i am not a tuna fan, don't know if I could prepare it for my kid either. But we do like crab that comes in a can, that might be a good alternative for us :)...GOOD ideas!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

the manitoba marathon

10 weeks