grumpy mommy

Babycenter: (on life with my 5 3/4 year old)

No matter how hard or how frequently your child pushes your buttons, try to keep your cool. Anger only fuels hot tempers. Try to remember the guideline: Speak to your child the way you would want to be spoken to.

I know, I know, be the example. It's so hard some days. Today is one of those days where I woke up grumpy and try as I may, everything has me annoyed today. Doesn't help that the kids are overly wild.

It's tough sometimes to try and turn myself into the parent I want to be. I don't pretend I'm perfect, I know I'm far from it. It's hard to remember that right now is this tough, tiring phase where I have four kids 5 years old and under, but for them, it's their whole life. Their lives, very existence and happiness depend on me for the most part. If I'm grumpy all the time, then that's what they deal with. If I'm happy, they're happy too.

There is so much responsibility on Mom sometimes. It's not all about making sure they're clean and fed.

Not sure where I'm going with this. Just in a funk today, and can't seem to shake it. Even though I KNOW I'm in a funk. The kids have disappeared into the basement and are laughing and chasing each other around, and every once in a while they come up and run around and scream and laugh and threaten to wake the baby. It's all I can do not to snap at them to be quiet and go back downstairs. I'm horrible.

Comments

Sonya said…
We all have our off days. Cut yourself some slack. :)
Stephanie said…
I hate days like that! hope you get ungrumpy soon!
Naomi said…
Yep, I have those days all the time, and only one of my kids can actually be defiant. There are days where I feel they'll be better in daycare cause I don't know what I'm doing. :( Don't worry, it's a phase and in like 10 years, there will be another whole new fun phase to deal with, the teen years! Yah

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

the manitoba marathon

10 weeks