diaper gym

I went to Diaper Gym on Monday. It was nice. Steven and I, and five other mommies, sat around a table and chit-chatted while the half dozen kids ran amok and stole each others toys and snacks. Jordan hit it off right away with another little girl and they stuck like glue to each other the entire time.

Only one kid had a really good cry. No, it wasn't my kid and no, she didn't cause it. I have this habit when I hear a kid scream, to look over and see where Jordan is. It's a relief when she's nowhere near the scene of the crime. She was a very good girl and didn't fight with anyone. She did however, steal a number of snacks that I'm pretty sure I didn't come with. Apparently it happens all the time and the kids' snacks end up being more of a snack buffet. I'd still prefer if she ate what I brought. I'll know for next time to bring more exciting stuff than a banana. You should have seen the look on her face when the other kids hauled out their Ritz Crackers, apples, chocolate milk, etc. She was practically drooling. "Jordan, come here, I have a banana for you," I called out, hoping she wouldn't snag the treat she was staring at. She summoned up her biggest look of disappointment when she replied "Where's my cookie? Where's my apple." It would seem that a banana pales in comparison to whatever the other kids are eating.

Note to self: cooler snacks next time.

It was nice though. I was really worried that everyone would be all partnered off into cliques and I'd be sitting there with the baby and nobody to talk to. Not so much. It was a nice way to spend a weekday morning.

Anybody want to join me? It's Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 9:30 - 11:30am.
Email me if you want more info.

Comments

Candice said…
Do you want to give Jordan cooler snacks for her sake, or yours?
Candice said…
Oops, forgot the: :P !
Tiffany said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said…
:P back at you!

Kind of for both our sakes. For her sake because I don't want her to think she's getting ripped off, and for me so I don't have to feel bad when she's stealing the other kids' snacks!
Candice said…
Tiffany, are you posting comments twice so it looks like you have more?
Tiffany said…
I have no idea what you're talking about...
Heather said…
Can I come to Diaper Gym? Do you have to bring your kids or can I just come for the snacks? :)
Tiffany said…
Sure! I'll just give you one of mine for a couple of hours!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense