ultrasound

Remember this post, where I confessed that I've been trying to freak Steven's freak a little about having twins?

I have to admit, it was lots of fun, giving him multiple reasons constantly, watching him pretend to be cool and not believe me. The look on his face suggested otherwise.

I had an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago. Here in town, they do the ultrasound first without the husband, and then once all the important stuff is done they let hubby in to see the baby for a few minutes.

A friend of mine at playgroup told me that if Dee was the ultrasound tech, to say hi from her. Turns out, it was Dee. I told her "hi" from my friend and we chatted for the duration of the ultrasound. Just before she was about to fetch Steven I said "You know, I've been telling my husband for months that I'm sure there is more than one baby in there." She doesn't even hesitate: "So you want me to tell him that there are two?" Yes, yes I do.

Steven comes in, and we're all cool about it. I'm laying there trying not to giggle. Dee scrolled over the baby and said "Okay, here's the first baby . . ."

Steven looks at me and laughs - "Yeah, right" he says. He doesn't put anything past me.

Until . . .

Dee moves around and pretends to concentrate for a second, before getting a picture of the baby from a different angle.

" . . . here's . . the second baby!"

He stops laughing. You should have seen his face. I swear he caught his breath and turned just a little pink around the edges. I think he contemplated running away.

"Just kidding!" says Dee.

Steven exhaled in a whoosh and nervously laughed. "I can't believe you got her to do that!" he said. I was laughing my ass off. I think I laughed on and off all day, even after he went back to work.

He says I'm evil. Mwahahahaha!

Comments

Q&L said…
that was a good one!
Tiffany said…
Thanks! I still laugh about it when I think of it.

I told Steven last night that it was the high light of the pregnancy so far! lol
Lora said…
you are SOOOOO bad!!!
You do realize you are setting yourself up for twins, right? They hide behind each other sometimes, like a game of hide and seek.

So on the delivery day, when they say, "Oh wait! there's another one in there!" You'll know you have no one to blame but yourself...

Haha! Just kidding.
Tiffany said…
It's funny - my mom says the same thing! She says it's all fun and games until it happens to me on the delivery day.

Ha!

I'll just put the second one back.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense