catching up

March 6, 2010

It's the night of March 6th. I'm actually laying in my bed right now, writing this by hand because I've turned off the computer and it takes about fourteen hours and more patience than I have to boot it back up. You'll get this tomorrow. Maybe. I kind of have this thing about stuff changing. Steven informs me that I could blog on the old dino-laptop while the other computer is down, but I just don't feel like it. It's not the same. Yet, I'll bite the bullet. I've been a little MIA on here. I haven't read any of your blogs in weeks because I don't have my handy "brief" on this computer. Tonight I relented and read 80-some blog posts on google reader instead. Don't be offended by meager comments. It all became a blur after a while!

*****

I almost died tonight too. I was walking down the stairs and I stepped on a toy. It was dark. I have this thing about lights. Steven scoffs. If he's downstairs on the computer he's got the office light on, the light over the stairs on, and the playroom light on - because it's two feet (literally) from the bottom of the stairs to the office door. He'd hate to get lost on the way. On top of that, he's got both lights on upstairs in the kitchen, a bathroom light, and both living room lights. When Trevor and I were kids my mom used to hound us about turning off lights. I learned. Do I hound Steven? NO! He's a grownup, no matter how ridiculous all these lights are, it just makes me look like a nag. I will go around and flip lights off though. If I've been out for the evening it makes it easy to find my place - just look for the house lit up like a Christmas tree.

My point? Steven would have seen the toy and not almost fell and not spilled gingerale all over his freshly-lotioned hands and had to wash the lotion off. That's the part that irritated me most. The lotion.

*****

A shout out to my hubby - he's been working like crazy lately to keep this boat afloat. On top of his regular job, he's been working 14 - 16 hours on Saturdays at a house being built as well as two nights a week at his sister's restaurant. All this so his pregnant wife doesn't have to stand behind a register for hours at a time and his kids get to have a parent at home. I've told him a bunch of times how much I appreciate him and what he's doing. He says he knows, but I hope he really really knows. Really.

He's really my favorite person in the world, for a hundred different reasons.

Love you Stevie!

*****

I'm going to find out my baby's sex in a couple of weeks. I'm so excited! Jordan is desperate for a girl. I tell her it could just as well be a boy, and that she has to be happy and love him lots anyway. She sighs a little and says "Okay, I will. But I still like girls a little bit better."

*****

This morning Steven told Tennyson he was going to smack his bum, to which Tennyson replied "No, you CAN'T! Because bums are private." He's got an answer for everything, little weasel.

*****

We tell Mitchie we love him. He grins and says "uv-oooo" back. Sometimes he wrinkles his nose and his eyes and leans in real close so our faces are almost touching. I tell him about 20 times a day. How could I resist?

*****

We've all had the stomach flu this week - except Steven. Today was day 8 (as I'm typing this out, it's become day 9). Tennyson started it last Saturday. I (hopefully) was the last today (not). I get it any time it goes around. This was my third time since fall. Steven has never ever had it since I've known him. Ever. I tell him it's proof that he's evil. He thinks I'm nuts. "How does that equate my being evil?" he asks. It's so obvious. "Because, it's some pretty powerful black magic to constantly stay healthy as you live, breathe and cuddle in this house of sickness." Duh. Seriously - he doesn't hide from it. He cuddles kids and gets puked on, he cleans it up, he changes "those" diapers, he'll let them drink out of his cups, he'll kiss them, cuddle, cuddle some more, and immerse himself in the kids, the mess the laundry, and - nothing. What gives? It's not that I want him to get sick, I just want in on his secret! I can drive down the street and pass a house where someone has had the bug sometime in the last eight years and I get it.

See? Told ya - a little evil.

Comments

Q&L said…
good compilation, i can't wait to find out ur baby's sex either, what fun!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense