i'm back

So I'm back. I finally have my computer up and running - although some stuff is different and I don't like it. The only thing is that now that I have my computer back I am drawn to it only to realize that there's not much going on in the internet world. People are supposedly "busy" and not blogging, facebook only holds so much excitement, not much email. Shameful shameful.

We're taking the kids to Splash Island today! Originally it was supposed to be my mom, Steven and me and the kids, Grandma and Ange and her kids, but it's starting to look like it'll just be Steven and me and our family. That's cool too, my kids are fun! I'm debating on whether to bring my camera. Last summer we went there and "lost" a pair of Jordan's flip flops. I kept sneakily looking at other kids to see if someone was wearing my daughter's pilfered shoes, but whoever had them put them cleverly out of view. I mean seriously, stealing from a 2 year old? For your own kid? The idea is kind of repulsive. It's not the "loaf of bread to feed the family" scenario either, if you can afford to go to splash island you can probably afford a pair of $2 flip flops. Again, not sure if I should bring my camera.

Our deck looks awesome. You should see the wonderful job Steven did on my tiered, platformed step. It's nice being able to order up something like this, and have him scratch his head for a little while before whipping it up for me. It looks great - thanks honey!

About the "honey" thing. Sometimes Steven calls me Babe, or Baby, and Jordan thinks this is hilarious. She'll bring it up hours later as we ride in the van. "Mommy, Daddy called you baby" and then she laughs this funny laugh that she uses when she's making fun of me. It's cute.

Steven now thinks that it's good that he's finally done with projects. I told him in July that if we got everything painted then we'd have the rest of the summer off. Everything meaning the kitchen, dining room, hallway, baby room and Jordan & Tennyson's room. All those rooms were done in July. Since then, however, he's pulled up a row of hedges, 8 million cedars (I'm too young for cedars) as well as this other weird growing thing in my flower bed, and built a deck. Now he's happy that there's no more projects. I'm gently breaking it to him that as soon as he fixes the captain's bed, helps paint a closet and hanging a shelf or three that we'll definitely have the rest of the summer off. Poor guy. It's not my fault that there are a few things that need to be done before baby gets here! I was going to have him renovate my bedroom closet (you know, build some shelves in the bottom, change the layout and height of the hanging rod and upper shelf, little stuff), but I think I'd best not push it. That could be a winter project!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That deck looks awesome!!! The ones I've tried to build have never turned out so "square" or "completed" or "safe".
Tiffany said…
I know! Steven did a great job! I'll admit, when it took 9 hours to put the blocks on the grass and huck some lumber in between I was a little worried, but man, once he got going it went up so nicely!
Q&L said…
WOW, nice deck!! Good job Steven!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense