isn't it funny?

Isn't it funny being a parent? For instance, the last post I read was about all the good stuff about being a parent. Today's post is about how they're driving me crazy!! I think my kids are out to get me today. For real.

The biggest complaint? They wait until I'm settled on the couch to nurse before getting into stuff. Anyone who has ever nursed a baby knows that the minute you get settled the phone will ring or someone will knock on the door. Or the kids will do bad stuff. Like trying to shove toys into outlets. Why is it that you can put a safety thing on every outlet in the house and the one you forget to replace after using stands out like a beacon saying "shove stuff in here?" Why oh why? THEN he had a ten minute tantrum when I took the toy away from him, after trying to say "no" from the couch ten times only to have him ignore me. From there he decided to get himself some stuff from my pantry cupboard. At this point he had time out in the playpen. This is when Jordan decides to entertain him - against time-out rules.

They've also got this thing with climbing all over my coffee and end tables. It's frightening really, because they like to jump off of them. Tennyson gets off the table by just stepping out into thin air and dropping like a stone into a heap on the floor. It's not an accident, he thinks this is hilarious and will do it 18 times in a row if you don't stop him. He also likes to try to jump from the coffee table onto the couch. You'd think that by shoving the table four feet away from the couch he'd be deterred, but no. He goes for it anyway and catches his chin or face on the edge of the couch, which snaps his head back in a horrible way that leaves mommy having horrid visions of children with broken necks. Then there's the wonderful idea that Jordan has of putting her blanket like a table-cloth onto the coffee table, and when Tennyson stands on it they both laugh as she slowly pulls him (still standing) towards the edge. Again, I can't just tell her to stop, I have to get up (baby still attached) and physically end this monstrous game.

Funny thing? If I'm just hanging out doing dishes or whatever they play nicely in their room with toys.
Beastly little people. Good thing I'm so in love with them.

Funny story? I took Mitchell to the doctor on Wednesday for a blood test. When Jordan found out I was taking him to the doctor she asked me in all seriousness if the doctor was going to put him back in my tummy.
My answer? Heck no.

Comments

Q&L said…
LOL, LOL...While I can only imagine how at times they drive you to the brink of sanity...this post made me laugh...your sweet children made my morning...I'll stop complaining about my workday.
Tiffany said…
It's okay, there's a time and place for everything, work complaints included!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon