yucky yucky man


I know I should be super sympathetic, especially considering all the complaining he's doing. Steven has little red raised bumps all over the palms of his hands and the soles of his feet. It doesn't hurt, it's just irritating. In typical man fashion, he's been complaining - a lot. I'm not allowed to complain about being 8.5 months pregnant in the heat of August while chasing two crazy kids, but a couple of bumps on his hands and it's time to call in the quarantine team. Today there seemed to be more bumps again. They're breeding in there. ew.

I called Health Links. It's a wonderful thing to call really, we've called a few times since we had Jordan. The nurse on the phone asked him a series of questions and had him look into his mouth. Turns out he's got a bunch of spots in there too.

It's a virus grossly named the hand, foot & mouth disease. There will be no more touching, hugging, kissing or smiling at me. Okay, well I suppose he can smile at me. After all, I did make him a mean grilled cheese & ham sandwich for lunch, and chocolate milk to wash it all down. Anyway, the HFM disease is quite uncommon in adults. Usually little kids get it and build an immunity to it. Of the adults that have the virus, only 1 in 10 present any symptoms. Now he's pleased as punch that he has a name for it and can milk it just a little. You should have seen him grin as he laid on the carpeted kitchen floor and told me he couldn't finish installing my hallway light. Seriously.

Comments

Sonya said…
Sounds like you've got a few more projects on the list! How does one get HFM? Seems like an uncommon sort of thing?!
Tiffany said…
Yes, it would seem to be a good idea to wait until you're in the last couple of weeks of pregnancy to start getting ready for baby!

I don't know how someone gets HFM. It's mildly contagious, so he must have picked it up from someone - probably at work, since we don't know anyone who has it.

What's with the weird viruses the guys are getting lately? Jeff has a cold virus thingy in his eye too. Again, no idea where he got it from. As long as they leave us poor wives untouched!

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense