about the housekeeping

This last week was Delta week. This refers to the week each summer when Steven's family rents a cabin at Delta beach. We didn't spend the entire week out there though - one day we went to the zoo with Lorelie & Andrew, one day I went to my mom's with the kids, and there was a day in there that I sent Steven and the kids out to Delta so that Mom and I could paint the two kids bedrooms.

Let's just say that as a result of this crazy week my house is a disaster! Not a disaster like my grandma's idea of her house being a disaster (you know, one flier on the table, ooooh). My house is seriously a disaster.

The bedrooms that we painted are still completely unorganized. The one is empty except for the bed and the crib, the other room has all the dressers, closet doors, laundry baskets, baby stuff, etc. all unceremoniously thrown in a heap. This makes it a lot of fun to get Jordan her 3rd change of pants over the course of the day, or to find a diaper for Tennyson. If only the kid could go potty...

I'm not even going to talk about the laundry.

Did I mention that I can't find my camera again? A little annoyed about this one.

My excuse? It's hotter than blazes in here. I think the last I checked, my house temperature is a cozy 26 degrees. You know what's even better for your energy bill than running the air conditioning as little as possible? When it doesn't work AT ALL! That's right, it's on a/c strike. Won't even turn on. The warmth in this place is sucking the will to live from my 8-month-pregnant self. I think I'll use the pregnancy card here too. Speaking of 8-month-pregnant women, I know it's probably against some law for a woman of my stature (curviness? voluptuousness?) to hang out in the backyard in a bikini, but jeez louise it's cooking today. Unlike me. I hope the kids ate enough lunch.

Comments

Tiffany said…
I've been watching the thermostat today, and the temperature in here topped out at a whopping 29 degrees. It's insane!
Q&L said…
From a girl who works and lives in constant A/C, I might welcome 29 degrees. But being pregnant and 29 degrees might be a bit much, considering there is likely no breeze in your house. Hope you can get that working soon. You should talk to my Mom, she is a master at keeping the house cool without A/C.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense