nesting

First of all, I don't truly believe in "nesting" the way that some people do. I was taught in my last degree that there is no evidence to suggest that human beings have any instincts at all.

That being said - "nesting" is getting ready for the baby. It's not that people "have to" do this, some of us just like to prepare for things - you should see me clean when I'm having company in a couple of hours. Trust me, this isn't an instinct, if it were there are many people who missed the boat on this one.

I got a lot done tonight actually. I'm very proud of myself, especially since I've waiting until the last couple of weeks of pregnancy to really prepare. Good thing I don't generally have my babies early - oh wait, yes I do.

  • I packed my bag. I even packed my toiletries into the toiletry bag in the bathroom. I'll just be using the stuff out of there every morning and returning it to the bag for quick retrieval once we need to go to the hospital.
  • I packed my baby bag. I sorted through all the boy and girl clothes and made a box of smaller stuff for Steven to wash when he comes home to sleep after I have the baby. I figure there's no point to washing it all, since I'll only need one of the stacks. I did wash all the neutral stuff and it's neatly folded and put away into the newly cleaned out and dusted dresser. I can't believe my kids used to fit into that stuff! They're so monstrous now!
  • I "made" the crib. I put a blue sheet in there. I actually bought a blue and a pink one, thinking that I'd return whichever one I didn't need, but now I figure I may as well keep the blue one anyway since Tennyson could use a new sheet or two too. We can always change it to pink if we need to after the baby is born. If I don't need the pink one, there's always someone having a baby, so there's a little thing to add to a gift! I actually bought a blue blanket and a pink one also - again with whichever one I don't use probably being either returned or kept for the next baby I meet.
I still have to vacuum in the baby room (not to mention the rest of my house) and bring up my comfy chair from in the basement. There's also this cute little shelf I want to hang on the wall to put my baby pictures of Jordan, Tennyson and Baby#3 on, but I think I'll coerce Steven to do that tomorrow. Other than that stuff, the room is ready, as am I.

Bring on baby!

Comments

Sonya said…
Hey!! Good thing you're done "nesting" cause I heard you had a baby boy!!! Congratulations!! Hope to meet your little man soon!!

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense