two truths and a lie - the answer

It occurred to me today that I never gave you the answer to my Two Truths and a Lie blog post.

These were the three options, one of which was untrue:

1. I can hold my breath underwater for almost three minutes. I have yet to join a swim team or sport where I can put this to use.

2. I was born with a hole in my heart. My mom was devastated when she found out she'd have to fly with me to Toronto to have heart surgery.

3. I made my on-stage theatrical debut in the high school musical rendition of Mission Impossible. From there I disappeared into obscurity, but will always have the memories.

The answer? #1 is the lie. I cannot hold my breath that long. Although, I've never tried. For all I know, I can go for days but I haven't discovered it yet.

#2 is true. I was born with a hole in my heart. My parents were told that when I was old enough we'd all have to fly off to Toronto where the surgery would be. They didn't do it in Winnipeg. When my parents went back for a follow up check up when I was five months old, the doctor discovered that it had healed itself. Hallelujah!

#3 is true. A big truth that I didn't know back then was that putting on a black balaclava, a black turtle neck and doing the pony on stage isn't really all that cool, and if you're going to wear a tight black turtle neck, you had better invest in a good sports bra.

Comments

Sonya said…
Ah ha ha! I can't believe we even did that. So lame!!
Tiffany said…
Lame, maybe. But fun and gutsy? Yes!!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon