two truths and a lie - the answer

It occurred to me today that I never gave you the answer to my Two Truths and a Lie blog post.

These were the three options, one of which was untrue:

1. I can hold my breath underwater for almost three minutes. I have yet to join a swim team or sport where I can put this to use.

2. I was born with a hole in my heart. My mom was devastated when she found out she'd have to fly with me to Toronto to have heart surgery.

3. I made my on-stage theatrical debut in the high school musical rendition of Mission Impossible. From there I disappeared into obscurity, but will always have the memories.

The answer? #1 is the lie. I cannot hold my breath that long. Although, I've never tried. For all I know, I can go for days but I haven't discovered it yet.

#2 is true. I was born with a hole in my heart. My parents were told that when I was old enough we'd all have to fly off to Toronto where the surgery would be. They didn't do it in Winnipeg. When my parents went back for a follow up check up when I was five months old, the doctor discovered that it had healed itself. Hallelujah!

#3 is true. A big truth that I didn't know back then was that putting on a black balaclava, a black turtle neck and doing the pony on stage isn't really all that cool, and if you're going to wear a tight black turtle neck, you had better invest in a good sports bra.

Comments

Sonya said…
Ah ha ha! I can't believe we even did that. So lame!!
Tiffany said…
Lame, maybe. But fun and gutsy? Yes!!

Popular posts from this blog

you bought what?

very little to blog about. obviously.

it's blogtastic!