brrr

Steven's outside making the kids a skating rink. I know, it's 10:13 pm, and it's cold out there. I can't imagine shoveling a giant hole in the snow covered yard and spraying water around with the hose when it's minus 26 degrees Celsius (3.2'F) is a whole lot of fun.

That's why I'm not offering to help him. I'm a little lazy about getting myself excited to hang out in the snowy backyard, especially to work.

My excuses today were:
  • I don't have proper snowy backyard boots to wear. The zipper is busted out of one. It wouldn't have likely stopped me from going tobogganing or something a little more fun.
  • I wanted to vacuum. Not that I ended up doing that.
  • I had to feed the baby. For hours, had Steven checked the clock.
  • Making supper.
  • Going to Zumba (yay!)
  • And simply: Nope. It's too cold. Let me get you some hot chocolate.

I don't much like being cold. I don't go on about it all the time. We're all in the same room/town/city/country. You're just as cold as I am. We all deal. But still. It sucks.

I'm more of a summer person. That being said, I don't know if I'd like to live somewhere where it's crazy hot either. When it starts to climb up towards the plus 30 range I feel kind of sucky about that too. Being sweaty and gross is no more fun than being cold. At least when it's cold I can layer socks, slippers, sweaters and big comfy flannel blankets all around myself while I sip hot chocolate and watch tv. Our air conditioner doesn't work that well. There were a few times last summer that, despite the best efforts of the AC, it was 27 degrees in this house.

That sucked. A lot. There is only so much that ice cream can help with.

I had ice cream tonight, but it's okay, because I had a sweater, some slippers and Ellie the LapWarmer to stave off the chill.

Comments

Candice said…
*GAH*!!!! Minus 26?!!? That better clear itself up by next Wednesday...
Tracy said…
I think it is so great that steve is making an ice rink in the back yard. My dad use to do that too and i didn't think that anyone would be as dumb to do it in this day in age. You think its cold now just wait till the daily nagging of take me out to skate mom kicks in.
Jen said…
Nope. I'd rather be hot. I'd rather strip down to my undies and sit around sweating than have my bones ache from being cold.

Can you tell my poor, frozen toes are killing me right now?
Ange said…
I agree, I'd rather be hot. I just think our crazy cold temperatures are a little ridiculous.

Awesome about the rink, the kids will love that!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

today's to-do's