the manitoba marathon

I've always wanted run a half marathon. This last spring I was pregnant, so that was a beautiful excuse for not doing it. I'm a bit of a chicken. The year before that I thought about doing it, started running in the winter, and then slacked off near the end of winter. I told myself that I wouldn't be able to get ready for it in the amount of time I had left. The year before that - pregnant.

This year I've decided to do it. For real. To stop myself from flip flopping on whether or not it's something I can actually manage to do without dying somewhere along the trail, and eventually deciding against it, I've signed up.

That's right. I am now officially registered for the half marathon on father's day.

Seriously, I know I can do it. I may have to have a few walk breaks, but I know that I can do it. In the fall I went on a few runs that were just over 6 miles in length, within months of having Elliot. I go to the gym and can run 6 miles in an hour, even with a few short walks. I just need to build on that and make it longer.

I'm actually pretty excited.

Comments

Q&L said…
i know it won't be a problem for you, unless someone is on the sidelines offering Tim's french vanilla...hahahaha. Don't think i'll be along side you, running on Father's day just doesn't fly with the families :)
Sonya said…
I know you could do it. Way to go! Running and me are like fire and water. They just don't go together. ;)
Naomi said…
Do you have a program you're following to train? I think the one they have here is only a 3 month program so you will easily be able to do it in 6 months. Good for you. Maybe one year, I'll stop making excuses and try it too!
Tiffany said…
I think my training program will just be to run a little longer and/or faster as the weeks progress. I think I'll get a gym membership for the next three months, and then hit the great outdoors.

The gym is kind of expensive, and we do have a fantastic paved path along crescent lake. To go from one end of that to the other is about 6.4 miles. I know I can do the six pretty easily by now anyway, so I really just have to double it.

I am looking up some schedules and pointers on a running website too, so I'll get a couple of other ideas too.
Tiffany said…
Sonya, you make me laugh.

You could do it too you know!
Pamela said…
Awesome! I dream of doing the half one day. This year we are going to do a family relay and I am really looking forward to that. My kids are great runners and being able to do it with them is going to be fun.
Tiffany said…
Pam that's awesome!! I always think of how great it would be if any of my kids would go for morning jogs with me someday!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense