kids

As if I haven't blogged in eight days. I think I must have, and then some hacker got on here and deleted them to make me feel bad. I'm sure that's what it is.

My kids are getting bigger.

Mitchie got his first hair cut, and looks like a miniature big boy. I'm thinking that I'll have to potty train that little imp soon. I have been kind of putting it off, partly because I do a lot of running around in the mornings, and soaking wet pants and car seats are no fun. But mostly, it's because I hate potty training. I'll admit it. Potty training sucks. To be honest, I haven't had any desire to start. I know, it probably just sounds lazy, but it's so easy having him in his diaper where everything is nice and contained and I can just pretend he's a toddler that doesn't need to learn anything big just yet. There are no logs down pant legs, no pants soaked to the ankles, no pudding in the gitchies. Ugh. I'll start as soon as diaper gym and school take a break for Christmas. I know it's probably not smart to start something like that during the hectic Christmas season, but my days (except Christmas day itself) are actually less busy. Maybe I'll end up just using Christmas as the next excuse to put it off. The first excuse was that I just had a baby and didn't want to overwhelm the poor boy. That one can only fly for so long.

Elliot is 5.5 months old. She weighed about 18.5 pounds at five months. She's a big girl. This morning at diaper gym there was another little toddler crawling around and using things to help her to stand up. She was almost ten months. It occurred to me that Elliot is only about four months behind her, and will be doing all that same stuff right shortly.

She's supposed to be a baby.

She's actually a really good baby. I know I complained about her (rightly so) in the summer because she cried a lot. She did cry a lot for about a month. Now? As long as she's fed, napped and doesn't have poo oozing out of the sides of her diaper she's a sweet, happy little doll. I love it. She only gets up once in the night to eat by now, and I've already decided that on the first free weekend in January I'm going to wean her off of that one last feeding. I'll try not to be mean about it. I'll let her cry, and I'll hang out with her on and off to keep her from getting completely hysterical, but the night feeding is going to end. I can't wait. I weaned Tennyson around the seven month mark when I found out I was pregnant again. I knew that it wouldn't be long until I was starting from scratch with a baby at night again, and I really wanted to sleep a little in between. Mitchie was amazing. At four months he slept hard for 12 to 13 hours a night with no feeding. He did it on his own. What a gift for a mother of three kids three years and under.

Jordan had her school Christmas concert on Thursday. Her class sang two songs in French. They were songs that she sang all around the house for the last couple of weeks, and yet when she hit the stage she had a deer in the headlights look and sang very little. She was still cute though, and by the end of the performance she seemed to find her goofy self again and was making little hearts at me with her hands and wearing her reindeer headband over her eyes so she couldn't see. She's such a goof sometimes. She's very 'Jordan'.

Tennyson? Tennyson is Tennyson. He's temperamental these days, and I'm kind of getting used to it. It doesn't make it any easier. I think the threes are harder than the twos. Yet, he's smarter every day, he loves his siblings and family, he's so super excited for Christmas, and he's goofier by the minute. It takes him forever to eat his breakfast in the morning because he's so intent on entertaining everyone else. Oddly enough, the other kids find him way funnier at 7 in the morning than I do. Boys are odd little creatures.

The other day he told me that he loves his nursery school teachers. He thought for a second and then added "I even love them at clean up time." That's the true test I think.

I can't wait to celebrate this 6th Christmas as a mother. It's kind of a super-special Christmas too, because it's the first Christmas celebrated by our 'whole' family. We've always known before that we were going to have more kids, and now this year with Elliot we know that this is it. We're all here. We're all together. I know it's cheesy, but I like it.

Comments

Naomi said…
Mitchel just got his first haircut?! That is so funny because Brayden, who is almost 8 months, has already had his! lol

I also hate potty training, I was in a rush to try with Ashton and realized he would do it when he was ready so at least I know that now for Brayden

Elliot is a big girl, at 7 months Brayden weighted 19.2 lbs and I thought he was a big boy! I would imagine that car seat is getting heavy to carry.

Yes, the 3's are FAR harder than the 2's. We are having the same problem here. I am really hoping that we start seeing things get easier as he hits 4, 5 etc!

I guess it's our first family Christmas as well! Never thought of it. We are also very excited to spend Christmas morning together! Merry Christmas to all the Verwey's!
Pamela said…
I think it is awesome that you are thinking of your first Christmas all together. Maybe you can look for a "2010" photo ornament for the tree and put a family picture in it from this year. Each year as you decorate the tree, you can remember this year. Merry Christmas!
Tiffany said…
Hi Pamela!

I love the 2010 photo ornament idea, and I would have never come up with it on my own, thanks! I'm definitely going to try and find one!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense