Merry Christmas aftermath

In only a few more days the holiday season will wrap itself up for yet another year.

I like Christmas. I don't necessarily like all the preparations and the worry all through the month of December, but Christmas morning is great. I also kind of like when it's all done. I don't really consider myself "through it" until I've managed to put away all the decorations and gifts. I'm still working on that. I'm also using facebook these days as a handy procrastination tool. It doesn't help when everyone else is at home cleaning and not facebooking and giving me new things to read.

This year was Elliot's first Christmas. Too bad the camera crapped out on us and I have next to no pictures of the event. I may have to dust off the video camera and get some pictures of her beside the tree before the whole thing is just a pile of needles and dust on my carpet. She'll never know that I took the pictures days after Christmas.

A Christmas tree can drink up to a gallon of water a day out of that little dish. Pig.

My older two kids are at my mom's right now. She had them over for a sleepover last night. It's so quiet in here. It's just me, Mitchie and Elliot. I'm almost at a loss as to what to "do" with Mitchie. It's been forever since I've had a kid here with no siblings to play with! Last night we had a bubble bath and read a bunch of stories. I think he was pumped that they were just for him. Mitchie loves to be read to. He'll bring me books during the day to read, or if we're at someone elses house and he finds a book he'll pester friends and relatives to read to him too.

I don't mind. I'm all about making them readers.

This coming Saturday will be our last holiday gathering for the year. I think Steven is pooped. He's making excuses to stay home. I tell him that an hour and a half drive is really not that long.

I must confess - sometimes I like spending an hour or two in the van with the kids. They will usually fall asleep, or mellow right out as they gaze out the windows at the scenery floating by. It's nice. Especially when I have a cappuccino and my husband to talk to, away from phones, computers and tvs.

Hope everyone else is having a fantastic holiday season!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense