slides, buckets and "owies"

I mentioned earlier (about 8 seconds ago actually) that the kids were sliding down the easel in plastic toy buckets. As was bound to happen, Jordan came running in here squealing because she banged her arm.

As any good Mommy would, I yell "No! Don't hug me! You'll get hurty stuff all over me!" Then I pretend to be scared while avoiding her hug. She tries to forcibly hug me, while trying to keep pretending to cry, while trying not to smile. I hug her. She's cute, I can't help myself.

Actually, I don't think I even threw in one of my infamous "Well that's what happens when..." lines. The kids are used to it. They ignore me and then wrap themselves in my hugs anyway.

Tennyson was right on her heels. After Jordan's hug was over, he says (in a very sad little voice): "Mommy, I hurted something too!" I laughed, "No you didn't. Why don't you just tell me you want a hug too?" He grins. "Okay, and I want kisses!"

Comments

Heather said…
Awwww.... I miss those days!!! Too cute.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon