37 weeks

I had my 37 week appointment yesterday.

Here are the things I know from the appointment:
  • the baby still has a heartbeat. I know this, because the doctor found it and not because she was frolicking around in my uterus the entire time I was in the waiting room. Because, you know, one thing does not imply the other...
  • my blood pressure was pretty much the same as it was the week before.
  • I continue to gain weight. Go figure.
  • when the nurse pokes your finger and squeezes out and tests your blood she's testing for blood sugar. Did you know that with a midwife they actually tell you what they're doing before they do it? Weird. Nurses? Not so much.

Sometimes I think I could just go to Walmart, check my own blood pressure, and then go home and weigh myself and phone these things in. Because I love taking my kids to Walmart and I wouldn't have to get a sitter. But instead I let the docs and nurses do these things to help them feel important. Can't have a bunch of bummed out doctors kicking around. It might affect the quality of the medical system in Portage.

Seriously though, I'm excited to be 37 weeks. I somehow have myself convinced that now that I'm full term I could have the baby any day. I'm crossing my fingers that I do!

Next week I have my appointment with the doc that I'm convinced is a trigger happy baby inducer. I've also got a purse full of tongue-depressor-like Popsicle sticks. Heh heh heh.

Comments

Q&L said…
yes, Dr's get the job done, but maybe they don't think we care to know the details, we certainly care when its OUR child. We had to ask every time how many beats per minute, its just fun to know! :)

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon