taking turns

I was listening to the kids play in the rec room earlier. They've all but destroyed this big plastic easel, and now what they do with it is lean it against a couch and slide down it in plastic toy buckets. I know. Genius.

I can hear Jordan take charge: "Okay Tennyson, you slide once, and then I slide 20 times." Of course, he lets her. I hear her for the next couple of minutes "One . . . two . . . three . . . four . . ." I let it happen. I know it's not exactly fair, but it's working for them. Wanna add tension? Let Mommy come in and mess with the system.

Eventually, he gets his one turn. Then Jordan says "Hey! I know! How 'bout my turn, your turn, my turn, your turn, my turn, your turn?"

Amen sister.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense