38.5 weeks

It's starting to look like this baby may actually not come in June. Defiant already and not even here yet.

I've decided to start making plans for my days as though I'm not going to have a baby. I had it all planned out that I would have my baby last Friday because that's when all my June plans were finished up and I was free and clear to go ahead and deliver. Then I had some labour on Friday and nothing happened. I'm driving myself a little nuts.

Tonight Steven and I are going to go to dinner and a movie. The other day I mentioned to Steven that I'd been driving myself crazy with waiting every minute of every day for contractions that either didn't come, or that came and didn't mean anything. I told him it was too bad that we couldn't find a sitter and go to a movie on Tuesday or something.

The man found me a sitter. He's a dream. So is his dad - thanks dad!

So, dinner and a movie tonight. Hopefully a baby later on tonight, but if not, my mom has told me that I should come to Winnipeg on Wednesday with her to visit a friend who is having surgery today, and then go out for a nice dinner and a mother daughter chat. Who can pass up the Olive Garden?

On Thursday is my grandpa's 75th birthday. There will be a party and fireworks and all that jazz. See, fun stuff on the horizon!

This last Saturday I was also invited to the city with a friend. Given all that happened Friday I decided against it. I have got to stop doing that. Maybe if I just relax about everything and go on about my days something will happen. It'll have to eventually, right?

Comments

Jen said…
Definitely. That baby can't stay in there forever.
Heather said…
No baby yet!? What the heck!?
Tiffany said…
Although I know I'm not actually due yet, it's starting to feel like the baby WILL stay in forever!

Mitchell would have been 5 days old already!
Jen said…
So....? Is there a baby yet?

Popular posts from this blog

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

MIA