36 week appointment

Sometimes I feel a little sorry for my doctor. Then I remember that he's not pregnant and suffering life's pregnancy injustices daily.

Did I mention that Rolaids have left the country? Or that I only have two antacids left? I'm saving them for after cheesecake. That's unfair too, because who wants to ruin the afterglow of cheesecake with a tums?

Today at my appointment he came in and asked how I was doing. "Fine" I sighed. He chuckled. I said "I think you should just yank her out of there today, that would be awesome." He laughs. I think because he's a little afraid and he's not sure if I'm serious or not, but he's desperately hoping that I'm not going to hold him hostage with a tongue depressor until he makes the baby appear outside of me.

For the record: I have never been much of a pregnancy wuss before. I'm feeling pretty complainy these days though. With the other three pregnancies I refused to complain. Wanna know why? Because of people who think "Oh, it's just hormones, that's why she's being a big suck." I hate looking like a suck. But you know what? This pregnancy, added to the other three makes exactly three years of being pregnant. I think I'm entitled. So there. And it's NOT just hormones, it's me being pissed off. It's a big difference.

Actually, I think it's kind of funny to mess with the doctor, just a little. It's not my fault, he brings it on himself. He's very nice, and easy going, and eager to please. I bet I could totally talk him into bringing on labour before the end of June. He said today that I should make sure and have it before July, because he's leaving for two weeks on the first. I replied that I would definitely have it, because I should just come in and he'd break my water. Somewhere around 38 weeks. Of course this is when he tries to tell me that he can't really just do that, and that if he did and the baby was too high, it wouldn't be a good thing. I think he's a little afraid. As he was doing this he was trying to nonchalantly nudge the tongue depressors in behind the band aids.

Obviously he doesn't know what kind of damage can be done with a band aid...

Last week I saw a different doctor. Apparently it's the doc that will be taking over my prenatal care should I end up still pregnant when my doctor goes on holidays. Now him I know I could talk into inducing this baby. He's a total inducer. I joked about it, and he was virtually reaching for his scalpel. Impromptu c-sections are the most fun.

Comments

Q&L said…
i missed reading this post until today...i need a gaviscon right now, seriously Tiffany they taste the BEST!! i want to feel sorry for you during your 3rd year of pregnancy, but you brought it on yourself...lol...
Tiffany said…
It's not my fault! These things just happen! lol

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense