sneaky sneaky

Today the kids were out in the sandbox playing. I was sitting beside the sandbox reading a book. Everyone wins. They get to show me how brave they are holding their dying dragonfly, I get to ditch the housework, hang with the kids and have an excuse to read. I'm way too fat these days to sit in a sandbox. I'd probably never get out. Steven would come home and I'd be rolling back and forth in there, unable to roll over the sides. It wouldn't be pretty. Plus there would be sand in all sorts of nasty places, due to the rolling.

Anyway, I brought out some ice tea for them. Tennyson spilled his about 6 seconds later.

"Mommy!! I spilled my ice tea!"
"I know honey, I just sat down, give me just a minute and I'll get you some more."
"Jordan, can you put some of your ice tea in my cup?"
"No, I'm not giving away my ice tea.

A few seconds later, I heard Mitchell crying inside. He had been napping. I went in to get him and at the same time brought Tennyson a new drink. I went in again for a sec for something and then watched at the open window. Jordan was eyeing up Tennyson's drink, which was now fuller than hers.

"Hey, Tennyson. I should pour some of my ice tea into your cup and some of your ice tea into my cup and we'll make them be the same!"

He's very boss-aroundable when it comes to his big sister. He adores her. Did you know they're getting married? Yep. And they're going to have pizza and ice cream at the wedding. It's cute. I should tape him talking about it sometime, and get it back out when they're 8 and 10. I'm sure they'd love that.

"Okay Jordan," he said, handing her his cup. He actually looked a little suspicious. She poured ice tea back and forth until the cups were the same. I let these things happen. Some day he'll realize she's a little sneaky with her helpfulness. Until then, it's working for them and they're happy with each other. Who am I to intervene?

She's such a saint. A sneaky sneaky saint.

Comments

She is good! I don't know that I would even think of that.
Ange said…
I'd say that's pretty of clever of her! Smart girl you've got!

And I think you would find a way out of the sandbox. lol
Q&L said…
haha, apparently that was Trevor with me, til I figured him out, then I refused to do his dirty work for him, apparently he was a little upset when I would no longer do EVERYTHING he asked of me...that should be funny to watch when T figures out J. LOL
Jen said…
Hee! Sneaky little bugger. How funny.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense