happy birthday to me!

It's my birthday today. I am officially old. Ok, so I'm still in my 20's and haven't got much to complain about. And it's not like I haven't accomplished anything - a university education, a wedding, two houses, and a couple of wonderful children. I really think we should celebrate ourselves. All too often we talk about the things we haven't done, or don't have. We complain about a little extra weight or our stretch marks.

I read something once that suggested to choose a person that you really admired, someone you know, not someone famous or anything. Pick a friend or someone you're really close to. Then, figure out what it is you like about that person. I'll say Ange because I've been friends with her the longest. I love Ange for so many reasons - she's been there for me my whole life. We played barbies together, and camped together, and built blanket forts together. She gets my odd sense of humor and always laughs at my lame jokes. She's a wonderful friend who can make me feel like I'm important to someone. She's a great mom and wife (that jeff's a lucky guy!), and she bakes like it's nobodies business. She likes the sappiest movies, has great taste in food and is a great quilter.

When reviewing the reasons we love the people we do, it becomes apparent that it has nothing to do with age, looks, haves or have nots. And I can bet if our friends did the same thing about us it would be the same. So let's not be hard on ourselves! 27 isn't that bad really. Some pretty cool stuff has happened in the last 27 years, and I have some of the most amazing friends anyone could ever ask for. It's truly a blessing when your friends start to feel like family.

So happy birthday to me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

today's to-do's