nanowrim - oh.

I've decided to throw in the towel for NaNoWriMo. I am so far behind already, and I don't think I want to donate the hours each day to trying to finish it on time. I'd have to write 2869 words a day to make it by the end of the month.

Sometimes I think that I forget how much other stuff I have to do.

And then there's that baby. Oh yeah, and those other kids. Did you know that many days I'm in that kitchen for over an hour due to lunch? That's right. Lunch. The cheater meal, where I can serve them pb&j sandwiches and bananas. Yet, some how it takes all day. I can't just leave them in there either, because the minute I leave the room they're out of their chairs and running around and it takes even longer.

Then there's laundry. As much as I loved having the novel to blame on the four baskets of clean, wrinkly laundry that I didn't put away for days, it's silly. I need to do laundry! Loads and loads of laundry. And loads.

Whatever. Maybe next year. Maybe.

I'm thinking that I might still plug away at it anyway, just to say I actually finished it, even if it takes me until 2017. Maybe I'll schedule in an hour a day to do it until I finish. I'll let you know how many words I'm at on the 30th.

Comments

Candice said…
maybe you should just transfer it onto here then and at least get a few posts out of it!
Q&L said…
ya, its really hard to make time-limiting commitments like that. be different if you had, oh i don't know, a year to finish it. The people who set that stuff up, must be single and no kids, i'm positive...and maybe work part-time, lol
Heather said…
Don't lose heart. Just keep plugging away. You'll do it.

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense