good nite light, day 1

The Good Nite Lite showed up in the mail yesterday. I've never been so happy to get a parcel. We plugged it in last night and explained to the boys that they had to wait until the blue moon turned into an orange sun before they could get out of bed. I set the wake time for 6:30. It suggested setting it for the time the kids wake up and then slowly extend the time over a period of so many days until they're getting up when we want them up. Our kids now get up anywhere from 5:30 to 7:00. I set it for 6:30, since that's usually when I get up during the week.

Mitchie came out of his room at 6:15. I was in bed, feeding Elliot, so Steven tucked him back in and told him that he had to wait for the sun. In his defense, they hadn't actually seen what it looked like in the morning. Fifteen minutes later, both boys came out of their room, all excited about their orange sun. Tennyson has been asking for the light since I told him about it a couple of weeks ago. He told me this morning that he had been laying in bed watching it, just waiting for it to switch to orange.

This is totally going to work.

It turns orange in the morning and then two hours later it just shuts off, coming back on at bedtime. Mitchie noticed it tonight and came running down the hall yelling, "It's blue Mommy, it's blue!!" He made me come and see it with him. He's been talking about it all day.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments

Sonya said…
That's awesome! Hope it works out for you. 6:30?? That's crazy!
Q&L said…
they're into it, that's cute!
Ange said…
awesome! So cute how Mitchie got so excited over the blue moon. :)
Tiffany said…
They love the light. Mitchie was on about it each time we had to go to into his room yesterday to change his diaper or get clothes, etc. He's very excited. I'm not even sure what he's saying word for word, but he keeps going on about blue and orange to the point where I don't want to talk about it anymore, so it's all good.

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense