i finished the book

And went to the library for Walsh's other book. I find it so interesting, and I can't wait to declutter some of the areas of my house. I started the kitchen a little yesterday by pulling out a boxful of stuff from the cupboards that I know I'll never use again. I still need to spring clean them, and I intend to find more stuff for my garage sale.

I made a menu for the next week. I usually do that - but mine is usually chalked full of pasta and sauces and stuff. For next week I have five new recipes on the menu, all of which I took out of an eating healthy cookbook. There will be lots of veggies. The kids will eat veggies if they have to, and this week they'll have to start getting used to more fresh veggies. If I make spaghetti sauce I generally throw in onions, tomatoes and bell peppers, but they sort of hide in there by the time it's done cooking. Or I'll just heat up some frozen veggies. Or I forget them altogether. I always want to cook more stuff that includes lots of fresh veggies, but to be honest I don't know how to prepare them half the time.

I may be cook-booking it for a while. Let's see how Steven does. There's one recipe with lots of peas - he'll just have to deal.

Did you notice that my ticker finally budged? Hallelujah! It's motivated me to get more serious with eating better and exercising - and it wouldn't do my family any harm either.

Comments

Steph said…
If any of the recipes are keepers please feel free to share with me!!
Tiffany said…
Ok! Actually, if they're any good I'll put them on the other blog.

Hmm, maybe I should post a link to that one...
Pammie Joy said…
You go girl! I LOVE organizing and getting rid of junk! So satisfying.
My sister has read most of her books & she really enjoys them. They have really helped her - specifically with 3 kids running around & creating their own clutter for her to deal with!
Ooops - most of his books.
Jen said…
You know- I always say that we have too much stuff, but when I go to declutter, I realize that we really use everything we have. What I really need is a way to organize the stuff we have. Does the book handle organization?

And congrats on moving your ticker!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense