our lawn

T: Do we have an old sink?
S: What, like a kitchen sink?
T: Yeah. An old one, just kicking around?
S: I know where there is one.
T: Really?
S: At Christine's, in her basement, but it's a double.
T: could we get it?
S: What for?
T: I want to put it in our front yard.
S: Do you want a toilet to put beside it?
T: yeah! And a bathtub. And a stove - tipped onto its side.
S: You're weird.
T: I lost Mitchie in the yard yesterday.
S: Huh?
T: Mitchie. I lost him for a few hours. I finally found him in the lawn.
S: Wait - - - are you making fun of the un-mowed-ness of it?
T: Oh. My... Are you only figuring this out now?


Yeah Steven, because it's totally not that bad. Everyone's lawn looks like this.



We are officially hillbillies. Only, we don't have the luxury of having old kitchen sinks kicking around to toss into the front yard.

This is a weed - you'll notice that it's actually flowering. Isn't it pretty?


It probably helps keep out intruders. Would you want to wade through this? Probably not. You'd never find your way out, especially under the weight of whatever it is you find to steal. Would you mind grabbing the old kitchen sink?


Steven says (jokingly, I hope) that we have a nice wildflower look to our home.

Comments

Patkau Life said…
I must say that I am jealous of the red door. I want one soo bad.
On the other note. I want more kids in the next year, and our lawn looked worse than that for weeds, so I have spent all summer weeding it once a week or soo. Our neighbors whole entire front lawn is weeds that keep putting more in ours, so I had to keep doing it. I did it knowing that, God willing, I will be too busy next year to do it, so I tried to keep up with it this year.
I think a sink and other house hold appliences can be done in a tastful non hillbilly way if you try really hard, and use them as planters I guess....lol. I would be the one that would try to make it look good. lol
Ange said…
It's not so bad. It's not near long enough to hide a car in it. :)
Sonya said…
I can just picture you laying on your stomach taking that last photo. Ha! At least your takes 20 minutes to mow. My lawn often looks like that - all 5 acres of it! Then Dillon thinks he has to get out the rake and pile up the "hay". Such a farm kid.
Heather said…
Great post!! Too funny!!
Tiffany said…
You know, as I was taking pictures, I figured that the neighbors must have thought I was a little mental - you know, for taking pictures instead of mowing. I actually made sure there was nobody driving by when I laid down to snap the last one!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon