resolution update

Remember when I challenged everyone to put their New Year's Resolutions out for the world to see? I didn't actually expect anyone to come back weeks later and nudge us for results - Candice!

But since you asked for it, here they are...

1. Learn to play the piano. Kind of convenient that I got lessons for Christmas.

Well, I am in piano lessons. The trick now is to carve out time to practice. I do like it though, when I get a moment.

2. Limit the TV that the kids watch. This is not so that I can watch more. I want it off, kids and parents included!

Depends on the day. There are many days that I don't let them turn it on until well after lunch. Since they're up at 7:30, I figure this is pretty good. However, after a frustrating kids-tearing-the-house-up day, I set up a TV in the basement so that I can watch Ellen while feeding Mitchell, and force the kids to play down there instead of in my kitchen cupboards. The result? They sneak off downstairs and flip the TV on. I'm thinking of leaving it on the holiday fire log channel so that they can't just have unlimited access. Mean? Not really.

3. Set aside time each day to do something with the kids. Schedule it in if need be. No waiting for her to come begging to paint or colour. Not that I want to schedule each moment of their day, free and independent play is important too!

Not too bad. There are still days when I'm hugely distracted by housework, a novel, etc. But I am trying to play with them a little more. We did some painting and stuff one day a few days ago. Okay, I'll admit, I have to work on this one some more.

4. Biggie: Get more sleep. I stay up way too late sometimes.

Um, I went to bed before 10 once since New Year's. Have to work on this one too.

5. Find more patience.

Stop bugging me!!


There you have it. The ups and downs of resolutions. I'm thinking of printing them out and sticking them to the wall, they are pretty good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense