he's a big boy today

Tennyson takes great interest in the potty. Jordan's always on it, we're always talking about it (to Jordan) and it just seems to be a thing of fascination to Tennyson. Lately he wants to sit on it. He gets naked for his bath and I'll catch him perched on the toilet - doing nothing. We'll change his diaper and he'll say "potty potty" so we'll take him, and he sits there for about two seconds and then tenses up to hop off, so we let him off, diaper him up and go about our merry way.

Today at lunch he was in his high chair making the poo face and saying "poop." "You poopin'?" I ask. "Yeah."

After he finished his lunch I took him to his room to change his diaper and put him to bed. "Poop, poop," he chants. I plop him on the potty. Two seconds later, he tries to hop back down.

I know I'm supposed to have all this "Mommy patience" (ha), but this whole thing kind of annoys me. I shove him back on the toilet.

"Tennyson, if you poop on the potty I'll give you a candy."

The kid unloads. Poo, pee, the whole deal. I was pretty pumped. He got high fives, hugs and kisses, and of course candy. I'm hoping we're entering a potty training era. Not that I enjoy potty training. Potty training sucks.

But - Yay Tennyson!


BTW - in case you haven't noticed, there are two newish posts following this one.

Comments

Ange said…
That's awesome! Aaron will be right over and you can train him too! I know how much you love it:)
Tiffany said…
I'm not getting my hopes up just yet! I couldn't get him to happily sit on there again today. I think I'll just not pester him about it, but let him on there if he feels like it. I won't start training him in a big way until after his second birthday.

Potty training sucks!
Ange said…
It moved again?

Way to go!
Tiffany said…
I know! I'd like to thank a little diet called "The Stomach Flu"

lol

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense