not so grumpy today

Ever have “one of those days?” I don't know if you noticed, but I was a little grumpy the other day. Okay, a lot grumpy. I wasn't all sad or anything, just grumpy, so no worries! Not that I minded Candice flattering me on her blog to cheer me up. Who doesn't love that sort of thing?

The last couple days – pretty good.

I went to my piano lesson the other day. Seriously, I'm so nervous playing in front of her. I feel like an eight year old. I know I have to get over it, but when I hear someone playing pretty darn good (and with two hands) and then a ten year old comes out of the room holding a heap of books I can only wish to play, I feel a little self-conscious hugging my book of easy songs. I feel like everyone in the waiting room is watching me and thinking – “hey, she was my substitute teacher once. She teaches piano too? Oh no, wait, she's taking lessons. And she sucks!” At home I actually have stuff figured out, and then I get into that little room and I can't remember which key to start with, or what the notes are. Then I sit there and apologize like crazy and fumble through something I was able to play at home. I think she thinks I'm nuts, but she's incredibly nice and tries to make me feel better, so I do! Actually, I came out of my grump after spending 30 minutes at the lesson the other night.

After the lesson, I came home and Steven and I cleaned out our storage room and the computer room. We hauled six boxes of recycling and garbage out of there. Oddly enough, cleaning and organizing the room into a perfectly clean little space made me so happy! Even though I only went to bed at 1 o'clock in the AM. I love the little clean room. Plus, I enjoyed some chips and iced tea with the hubby without worrying about that ticker. My next plan is the kitchen. I am going to overhaul that kitchen. Old tacky mugs, buh bye; extra sugar bowls, buh bye; margarine containers, well we'll see. They are good for leftovers you know. I'm going to get rid of the bottles I can't find new nipples for, the huge array of baby vitamin D samples, and eighty percent of the “junk drawer.” Just calling it a junk drawer makes me despise it. Sorry Steven, but the junk has to go! Why not “odds and ends drawer?” Wouldn't that sound better? Junk is so negative. Makes me think of the garbage dump.

I'm watching Grey's Anatomy as I type this, so if it's a little lacking in flow that's probably the reason. I love Grey's. I'm going to watch my taped episode of Biggest Loser next.

Other reasons for happiness? My husband is making blackberry peach crisp in the kitchen right now. Absolutely nothing to complain about there. The kids are in bed, I'm blogging in my living room on the laptop, and I'm about to eat blackberry peach crisp!

Off to eat late-night, overindulgent snacks. Good evening all!

ps - if you haven't read my "100 things" post, it's below this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense