frustration

I'm feeling somewhat frustrated today, for a few reasons.

1. I have a piano lesson in less than an hour. I didn't actually learn the song. I barely know how to play it with one hand. She gave me a few to work on. Should be interesting. Also - anytime I do sit down to play, my family finds ways to interrupt it. I'm not sure how to get the practice in besides doing it at nine at night, and by then I really don't feel like it.

2. I decided to go to a 5:30pm aerobics class at the gym. Then, from 6:30 to 7:15 I was going to run on the treadmill, at 7:15 I was going to shower and get ready and head over to piano. I packed all my piano stuff, gym stuff, shower stuff, etc. and headed over to the gym. I pulled in and stopped the van and realized that I forgot my shoes. Royally annoyed at that one. I turned around and headed home. Step aerobics with no shoes is not something that I was looking forward to.

3. I'll be fat forever. Stupid ticker. I think in another life I could have been a health and fitness counselor. I come up with these plans of attack for fitness and lifestyle changes. They're not obscene, or impossible. Things like stop eating treats all day. Plan the menu the day before to ensure you're eating veggies. Stop drinking pop. Exercise three days a week, and add strength training three days a week - at home even, without a bunch of stupid workout gizmos, using a sensible, doable, tear-out-able plan from a fitness magazine. I've actually spent so much time checking out different ideas and things to do. I've read tons of books on the subject and watched lots of TV programs. It's not that I don't know how to live better and be fitter. I used to run a lot. I used to exercise all the time. I never used to snack in the evenings (not because I deprived myself of it, mom and I just never did when I lived at home). Now, I have tons of bad habits and no will-power. It's ridiculous. I'm going to have to go shopping with Rosie O'Donnell for some new clothes. Sorry to drag you into this Rosie.

That's my vent. You know what I want to do right now? I want to make myself a great big A&W Rootbeer float and sit in front of the TV with a huge bowl of chips and watch the Biggest Loser. How dumb is that?

And salad? I know salad is good for me. It's even delicious. For supper Steven made this salad loaded with different vegetables, drizzled in ranch dressing and topped with grilled chicken. Awesome? Yes! But now, I'm feeling like "Where is the 'real' Food?"

Water? Um, maybe in ice-cube form, floating in a paralyzer.

(men, turn back now)

I'm actually feeling entirely pre-menstrual (told you to stop reading). This isn't overly possible, since I'm nursing. I have all the symptoms though - hungry for junk, somewhat grumpy, etc. Steven better WATCH OUT. Just kidding. It's not his fault. Much.

I'm going to stop now. You better blog, or I'll add you to my list of frustrations.

Comments

Ange said…
Sorry I phoned during piano practice time.

You are not fat. I told you the other day how good you look and I wasn't telling a lie. You look really, really good!

I hope today is less frustrating for you. I have my days too!
Q&L said…
snacking in the evenings..it is a terrible thing...I think it's a guy thing...I never used to do it when I was single...it slowly snuck into my life along with Quinn, now I have recognized this ferocious beast (evening snacking) and I will not let it sabotage me...lol
Tiffany said…
It's true, you get a man, fail to notice their shortcomings, and instead, adopt their shortcomings as your own!
Tiffany said…
Don't anybody be all sad for me or anything, I was just really grumpy!! I figured I'd kindly share it here in BlogLand.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

today's to-do's