taking the next "step"

I almost hate to write a new post, that picture of Mitchell is so cute!

Okay, so I've been using MyFitnessPal.com in a big way - tracking all my food and the calories consumed and burned throughout the day. It's been working pretty well, I lost four pounds last week!

Today I joined the gym. I figure it's the next best step. It'll force me to set aside blocks of time to actually work out. Steven's very supportive. He told me to go ahead and sign up for a year and not feel bad about it.

I have a little guilt:
  1. Mom-Guilt. I honestly felt really guilty today about leaving Steven and all the kids and going out to do something totally self-serving. I should be spending the time with him when he's home right?
  2. Financial guilt. It's a little expensive. This ties in a bit to mom-guilt I think. I never feel bad about spending money on the kids - kid stuff, kid clothes, kid "events" (nursery school). Yet if I spend a few dollars on myself I feel pretty darn guilty about it, and much justification follows.
At the same time, I worked out at the gym this morning, and the awesomeness of going out and exercising and having a little me-time was really really nice. I'm also hoping the ticker starts to move faster. The whole thing is very exciting!

Here's a salute to lifestyle changes and speedy tickers. And no, I will still not be posting a "before" picture!

Comments

Candice said…
There goes another one(lb)!!!
Tiffany said…
Yep! I'm so excited. I'm seriously just itching to have it go under 30.

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense