taking the bad with the good

Being a mommy is great - hugs, kisses, smiles, drawings and paintings from nursery school.

However - there are times when the mommy gig is not so glamorous. There are days when I change my shirt two or three times due to spit up or poop-throughs. There are noodles on the floors, lost shoes when we're in a hurry and ten levels of mess.

Yesterday was interesting. I'm sitting on the couch nursing Mitchell. Tennyson is beside me. Steven and Jordan have gone off to nursery school. Suddenly, Tennyson throws up everything he had eaten that day all down the front of his shirt and into his lap. I quickly go to put the baby down to help Tennyson and realize that Mitchell has liqui-pooped all out the legs of his diaper and into his sleeper. I get everyone cleaned up (including manually picking bits of chicken off of the couch) and resume nursing. Steven comes home, and we give Tennyson some gingerale. He's very excited for this treat and drinks it. Fast. He then turns and barfs it all up ALL OVER Mitchell's head and face. You read it right, go back and double check if you're not sure.

At this point, both boys ended up in the bath and Mommy gets a new set of clothes. Oh the joys!

Comments

Candice said…
I have to say, I am soooo proud of you for keeping up with the nursing.

Seriously.

Good for you.
Q&L said…
I heard there is this 1 day virus going around. One of the girls from work had it and her child too. Throwing up was part of this one. not good...
Ange said…
How is he feeling today? My hubby is sick. I worry we'll all get it now! Speaking of which, how are the rest of you feeling?
Tiffany said…
Everybody is just ducky today! Good thing, I hate when the flu comes and Steven's working. It's easier to take care of everyone with help.

Candice - I actually debated quitting nursing a little while ago. The first couple of months is the hardest. I was so so so tired, and the other two were so demanding, and Mitchell (unlike the last baby) was a very relaxed nurser. He'd take an hour, and I didn't always HAVE an hour if Steven was working and the kids were running around like crazy people. It was frustrating. I supplemented with formula for a bit and did some pumping, and I gave him bottles at night so daddy could take the odd turn. As it turns out, he got speedier and now I've turned back more to nursing. He maybe gets a bottle of formula a day. Go figure. Women just have to kind of do what gets them through I think. It's nice too that he'll go back and forth a bit, it makes it feel less restrictive if I want to get out by myself or have coffee with a friend and don't have to take the baby every time!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense