joy in the small stuff

For a mother of three young children who is very often housebound, a good and successful outing consists of the following:
  1. a trip to the library in which nobody leaps from the stroller, nobody pees their pants, and I find the next three books of the series I'm reading.
  2. a stop at the gas station where I instantly spot and grab the single copy of a new release I've been wanting to see.
  3. an extra large French Vanilla Cappuccino from Tim Horton's.
It doesn't get any better than this.

Comments

Q&L said…
A successful outing for me is not spilling on myself. Tim's coffee does not get along with my outfits or our vehicle.
Tiffany said…
I know! And it's so piping hot that you'd like to open the tabby thing so it can cool off a little, but it's too full to have it sitting in the cup holder with the tab lifted. Such dilemmas! I just hold onto mine until I get home. Mmmmm, just thinking about it on this cold cold day makes me want one. Bad.
Heather said…
For starters, I'm going to leave a comment on this blog cause I started to leave a comment on your last blog - the election thing - and I think I just ended up sounding racist.

So I'm glad you had a good day.
Heather said…
Let me clarify. I'm not a racist. At least I hope I'm not. I'm glad the statement was made - all people are equal - I'm just too green about US politics to really comment any further. I have a hard enough time keeping track of our own country's leadership.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense