christmas time's a coming

Only 23 days until Christmas!

Remember when we were kids, and Christmas was all about time off school, lots of treats (chocolate, candy canes, oranges, turtles!), new Christmas dresses for the church concert, lights, music, decorations, noisy and exciting gatherings at Grandma's house, Christmas episodes of our favorite tv shows and of course presents! The list goes on and on.

I still find Christmas exciting. Yet, now the season holds more than just the "fun" stuff. Now we have to worry about scheduling in all the different families and parents, buying gifts we can't necessarily afford, making dishes to bring to the different gatherings, hoping that people will understand that we need to share the holidays with many others, and hoping that nobody will be hurt if our time with them is short. I wonder if I'm doing a good job of making the holidays fun and enjoyable for my kids, and if I've bought the right gifts. I worry about what five days in a row of late nights will do for the mood in my house as the little ones get more and more tired.

Why the worrying? Christmas is supposed to be fun right?

I know it will be, but super hectic too. I know that I had a few teary moments last year.

This year I'm going to focus on my kids, try to fit everybody in, and remember that even though it's a lot of running around, planning, scheduling, shopping, cooking and late nights, the reason behind all of this running around is to spend time with all the people who love us and whom we love too.

Comments

Q&L said…
You definitely have more of a challenge with it than some of us can imagine...all those families to fit in. I'm sure you and Steven will make it as meaningful for your own children as it was for you!!
Tiffany said…
I hope so. The nice thing is that the kids will just have fun, and not likely notice all the work & scheduling involved!

We have 6 functions in 4 days!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense