baseball

Jordan had her first baseball practice tonight. No, I did not take pictures, because I never remember my camera. I'm one of those mothers.

I don't know if you know my kids, but they might have a slight case of ADD. It could be the age. I think they get it from Daddy. Pretty sure.

I like doing this stuff with them, but I always find that by the end of the hour I'm somewhat frustrated! They actually let Tennyson join in the practice, giving him a t-shirt and everything, but the second the coach's husband threw the ball to a different kid Tennyson dropped his head in a super-pout and slumped off into the field. The guy tried to call him back. I told him not to bother. Tennyson didn't last long anyway, he wanted to go on the slides and play in the trees, and pee in the grass. Now he says he doesn't want to play baseball anymore, he just wants to play at the playground. It might just be easier, he could be a little young for organized sports anyway.

Jordan actually does pretty good when she pays attention. As long as you're prepared to leap to either side when she throws you the ball. She's cute. She's especially cute in her t-shirt and pigtails. Except when she notices Tennyson at the edge of the field putting handfuls of gravel and sticks down the back of Mitchell's shirt and runs off to help him. She's also discovered that when she puts her baseball glove on her head she doesn't have to carry it, and that when she yells out "My name is Mr. Eyeball" when the coach is trying to give instructions it gets a good laugh from the other kids.

Okay, I may be laughing a little now. It's funnier now. Now that they're in bed.

She'll totally be okay, she just has to adjust to the team sport thing. On Thursday Steven is coming. I may sit in the van with a cappuccino and deep breathe.

Oh how I love thee, cappuccino.

Comments

Q&L said…
funny, wonder where she gets her jokester/class clown silliness from??? :)
Tiffany said…
I know! It's a total mystery to me too!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense