things i would not do at macdonalds



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

*****

I'm thinking I shouldn't even participate in Not Me! Monday this week, because I really didn't do anything I need to be brutally honest about. I am a good mommy, and therefore have no need for Not Me!ing.

For instance - I did not take my kids to MacDonald's for supper the other day. I didn't do that because I make a menu every week and have all the ingredients I need to make meals for at least the next 7 days.

And if I had gone to MacDonald's for supper, by myself, with all three kids, which I didn't do, I most certainly would not have bought J and T their own carton of chocolate milk, because I know they just suck it back super fast and then don't eat their supper. So I didn't do that.

If I had made the mistake of giving my kids each their own chocolate milk to guzzle down, and then settled everyone in their high chairs with their food all nicely served up in front of them and been seconds away from taking a bite of my own burger I would still not have panicked when Jordan told me she didn't feel good (after not guzzling her milk) and wanted to go home. It wouldn't have bothered me one bit when she admitted she was going to puke.

I certainly wouldn't have been so concerned about my food and my other kids that instead of running the whole lot of them to the bathroom I'd have just put my arms around her and held out my french fry container for her to throw-up in. Nope. Not me. Not something I would do. Because the french fry container has little holes in the bottom.

That being said, I wouldn't have traded the fry container for the now-empty MacD's tray. I was not eternally grateful that she didn't throw up, because it may not have made her feel better. Only the best for my little girl.

And to keep my pride (and waistline)? I most certainly, undoubtedly did not polish off her burger after eating my own. Most definitely.

Comments

Q&L said…
oh boy...sounds like trouble...the other day I was buying a milk at TIm's and they tried to sell me an expired milk...ummm...no. Not that that was J's issue...just reminded me of that.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon