super happy family fun day

I love when I use a label like "Super Happy Family Fun Day" and the kids - or the oldest one anyway - refers to it as that as though it's a perfectly normal way to label something.

And why wouldn't it be?

I've had this itching to get out with the kids and do something fun. On a whim we kind of decided to make today family day.

After diaper gym (can't skip that!) we headed off to the 'Peg. We met Steven's dad and Doris halfway for lunch and mocked them ever so gently for going camping this weekend amidst the swirling snow flakes.

From there we went to the forks where I bought a baby sling for Mitchie, let the kids run around and touch just about everything, and ate mini donuts. Oh how I love mini donuts. Then we let them run around like crazy people at the Children's Museum. That was fun too. The kids had a blast. How often are they in an environment where it's okay to touch/climb on/jump off of EVERYTHING? Not very.

The baby sling? It's very cool. It makes me feel cool, and a little bit like taking off my shoes and eating granola. I'd still like to make one. A cool one, with rings and yards and yards of funky fabric draped all over.

Then we went to superstore for some groceries. Come on, you can't have family fun day without superstore! We washed it all down with Burger King and headed home.

Except for...

I'm sure you expected it. You can't head West from the 'Peg without getting Ko's ice-cream. Mmmm. We were actually kind of hoping the kids would fall asleep in the five minutes it took to get from BK to Ko's, but no such luck. They were pretty psyched about ice-cream too, and believe it or not, nobody dropped the sticky slobbery mess onto the floor, so no regrets.

Comments

Sonya said…
I love days like that!
Also been wanting to take Dillon to the Children's Museum, but thought I'd maybe save it for next winter, but looking at the forecast these days, maybe now is as good a time as any!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

today's to-do's