1:00am ramblings

That's right. Another of those sleepless nights. I'd like to not attribute it to drinking a big cup of tea at ten o'clock, because then it would sort of be my fault. Sort of. Why is it that other people can drink coffee, tea, coke, etc. all day long and then crawl into bed at the end of the night and crash? Maybe I need to build up a tolerance. Maybe I should drink so much caffeine (a ridiculous amount. maybe borderline dangerous) that my nervous energy is so great that it overtakes my system and I have a physical, nervous-energy melt-down and crash and burn happily into my bed at night.

That's absolutely the way to go.

Candice, could you please tell me how much caffeine I'd have to pump into my system to make that happen?
Should I inject it intravenously?

On another note (totally copying Sonya's blog idea here), we tried to potty train Tennyson today.

"Tennyson, look at your cool Lightning McQueen gitchies. Don't pee on Lightning McQueen."
"Okay! Big boy!"
"Yes, you are a big boy! Remember don't pee on Lightning McQueen."


He held off long enough to show Daddy and Jordan his cool Lightning McQueen gitchies, and then he peed all over that dang car. Then he peed all over the fire-trucks, and more LMcQ and more firetrucks. It was a very soggy day.

Near the end of the day:

"Tennyson, are you a big boy?"
"No. Not big boy."
"Do you want to go potty?"
"No."

And yet later:

"Tennyson, do you want gitchies, or a diaper?"
"Diaper!"

The look of relief on his face was beyond evident. It was late, we'd been hounding him all day. I let the poor kid have his diaper. Besides, we were out of underwear by now.

Members of my family came over for Rummoli night (that's right, our place is totally happenin').
It was good. We had cake, chips, chips, chips, chips, chips, cheesies, chips and I believe there were some veggies in there somewhere.

And then Uncle Bill won all my pennies. And it's not like when you're ten and they give you back your pennies. Oh no, we play for keeps. To be fair, I totally scraped my grandparents' coffers clean a time or two before.

Did I mention we had cake? Who doesn't love a good hunk of cake.

Did I also mention that my kids got to stay up past 10? Mother of the year here. It's okay, it's only slightly later than they stayed up last night. They usually go to bed at eight. Tomorrow should be very interesting. I'm so excited to try and potty train an over-tired toddler who has been denied his nap due to bedtime difficulties. I may keep you posted. I may not. Everything's pretty much indefinite over here.

I've been at this for 10 minutes now. It's not my fault really. If more of you were blogging I'd have more to read and I wouldn't feel the need to kill a little time and tire myself out a little more.

You know what else adds time? Going back and inserting some fancy italics and block quotes. I just discovered block quotes. They're the new bullets.

Good night (with any luck)!

Note: As if "gitchies" isn't in the spell checker work bank. Jeeze Louise.

Comments

Tiffany said…
I don't know what's up with the blog highlighting my block quotes. I did NOT sign up for that!
Ange said…
Thanks for the good time last night! Good cake too!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense