no, it's not a dog

I just called Steven to tell him to pick something up at the store on his way home. I told him that he needed to come home and see what I bought, that it was necessary, and kind of a bigger item. He doesn't wait well. Soon he was guessing and wanting to know what it was. I told him he'd have to wait and see, and that it was sort of for everybody.

S: It's not a dog is it?
T: (pause, he's so fun sometimes) . . . Maybe.
S: You didn't.
T: (frantically looking for a dog barking on youtube) Just come see.
S: (exasperated, as if I'd actually buy a dog on a whim and not ok it first) You had better not have bought a dog. You didn't.

- Dog starts yapping on youtube.

T: Shit, this is the first time it's barked. I promise it's not going to bark.
S: You didn't. Is that a dog? Really? (big sigh) I'm going to have to kill it. (lol he wouldn't really)
T: Just come see.
S: (breathing noises) You didn't. Not really. Is it a robot dog?
T: Just come see!

It's his own fault, he put the idea out there. Thanks YouTube!

Comments

Ange said…
That is so funny!!!

"I'm going to have to kill it"

lol

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon