who uses all these dishes anyway?

I'm currently (not currantly, those are gross) sitting here playing with my laptop.

I wonder, does using the computer constitute playing? I wonder if playing is the best verb to use. The kids will even tell me that Daddy is busy playing computer.

Using the computer?
Computing?

Whatever.

I'm sitting here computing. The kids are finally in bed after multiple hugs, kisses, and insistences that we did not just hug and kiss them and that they most certainly needed to be hugged and kissed again.

And their rooms are too dark.
And they have to pee. Because the pee they had two seconds ago wasn't enough.
And they need to suddenly make their blankets better so there are no wrinkles.
And they need to hug and kiss each other.
And Daddy needs to play spider man on his uke just one last time.
And where's the kiss?

They're in bed. I'm computering. Not playing. Computering. Computing.

The table is still a mess, the dishes are piled on the counter, the floor remains unswept, and yet here I sit, not playing on the computer.

I can't help it, cheating at Scrabble is so. Much. Fun!

Comments

Sonya said…
Ah ha! So you have been cheating!

Patterer?? What kind of word is that??
Tiffany said…
So the question becomes - are you disgusted by my dishonesty, or are you secretly desperate to discover the source of my awesome scrabble moves?

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense